Ken Meyercord, who spent years as Washington, DC’s most controversial talk show host, writes:
Inspired by a trip to the Sundance Film Festival in Utah last January, I’ve been submitting my magnus opus, So-called Holocaust Denial, to film festivals around the world. It’s won some awards.
Lest you think this is some tremendous breakthrough in thwarting the censorship surrounding the Holocaust, let me tell you what I’ve learned about the film festival business: it’s a racket. There are hundreds of so-called festivals out there but most consist of no more than a website and a repository for submission fees. They don’t actually hold a festival, just announce the winners on their website while providing no opportunity for an audience to view the films. I’ve submitted my film to some 25 festivals and, despite winning at four (with 15 or so still to be heard from), I can’t say for certain if anyone has actually watched my film—not even a reviewer, much less an audience. There are legitimate festivals out there who host a real festival and show the winners to a live audience, but it’s hard to tell the legit from the fraudulent online. Still, I consider the $20-25 submission fee worth it if there is hope at least a reviewer or two will actually watch the film. (You can watch the film here).
P.S. I’ve reached the limit of my financial resources ($500). If you think this is a worthy endeavor (despite the caveats above), I would welcome any financial help you are willing (and able) to offer (all contributions will remain anonymous). you can do so through my ZELLE account (kiaskfm@verizon.net), Note that I am not a non-profit (501c3) organization. If you prefer, you can make a tax-deductible contribution through The Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust (CODOH.com)here.
Interview Transcript
Kevin Barrett: Welcome to Truth Jihad Audiovisual. I’m Kevin Barrett, bringing you interesting people doing good work, whether in written form or— sometimes—filmmakers. And that would be Ken Meyercord, an intrepid filmmaker and TV host out of Washington, D.C. who has, for quite some time, been putting heretical material on the D.C. airwaves. And he’s got a new film out. I’m not sure quite how new. It’s called So-Called Holocaust Denial. So, hey, Ken, welcome. How’s it going?
Ken Meyercord: Hi. It is not very new. I did it in January.
Kevin Barrett: …So-Called Holocaust Denial. That’s a provocative title. And we all know that there are atrocities. And there were World War II atrocities. This is what happened to Dresden. But that wasn’t the Germans that did that, was it?
Ken Meyercord: No, they didn’t do it at all. The good guys did. This was their work. And I was mentioning to you earlier, I just discovered a documentary made by 2001. It was on the History Channel. I mean, it’s big time. But one of their episodes, there are about 15 of them, was called The Aftermath of the War. And they talked about the fact that a quarter of all German housing was destroyed by the end of the war, and the cities firebombed and nothing much left of them and whatnot, and how they were starving, millions of Germans, or a million at least, according to James Bacque. And that was in his book, Other Losses. And between the starvation and… the German POWs after the war spent the winter of 1945-46 out in the cold, digging foxholes for themselves. So a number of them died too in that winter. Anyway, this is a great book about all that. But the movie, and I should have got a clip up of it, The War in Color. It’s called that because they discovered a bunch of color photography that had never been seen before on the war. This is not one of them. But they talked about the aftermath. And usually that’s not included in World War II documentaries. You know, we just, we won the war and everybody’s happy and freedom and authoritarian. Marshall plan, right.
Kevin Barrett: whole thing. Yeah, we rebuilt Germany, treated the Germans so nicely. Yeah, right.
Ken Meyercord: Yeah. Anyway, so that’s, and Dresden was the showcase of what we did to the German cities.
Kevin Barrett: It almost looks like Gaza, doesn’t it?
Ken Meyercord: Well, interestingly, no. These buildings are still standing because they weren’t bombed with explosives, but with fire bombs. So buildings, the concrete and steel buildings survived, but everything else was demolished.
Kevin Barrett: It’s a ravaged landscape in any case, city-scale.
Ken Meyercord: Yeah. And I just realized in making my movie—I can’t believe it never occurred to me. One of the most impactful images that convinces people how horrible the Holocaust was is the shoits of the piles of bodies in the concentration camps.
Kevin Barrett: Yeah, we might actually have some of those. Let me see… Is this a pile of bodies?
Ken Meyercord: That is a pile of bodies, interestingly. That’s a pile of German dead in Dresden being cremated. Or an attempt to cremate them. And the interesting thing about that is there’s a Zionist outfit out there called March for Life, I think it is. And they use that in their tours. They take young Jewish kids of tours of the concentration camps, and they use this shot in their publicity, thinking, well, it’s a pile of people being cremated, it must be Jews.
Kevin Barrett: Right.
Ken Meyercord: In fact, it’s Germans.....
https://www.unz.com/kbarrett/ken-meyercord-on-so-called-holocaust-denial/
