The Oldest Lie and Why the End of the American Empire Was Delayed | The Vineyard of the Saker
By Batiushka for the Saker blog
Roman Imperialists linked with Scotland. To their right is the first braveheart, Calgacus
Robbers of the world, having by their universal plunder exhausted the land, they rifle the deep. If the enemy is rich, they are rapacious; if he is poor, they lust for control; neither the east nor the west has been able to satisfy them. Alone among men they covet with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To robbery, slaughter and plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they create a wilderness and call it peace.
Calgacus, AD 84
Introduction: Babylon and the Kingdom of Gold (1)
In Chapter 5 of the Old Testament Book of Daniel, we read of the feast of King Belshazzar and a mysterious hand, which wrote the following words on his palace wall: MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN. These words were interpreted as meaning: ‘God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; you have been weighed in the balance and found wanting; your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians’. It was the end of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, of the Kingdom of gold, as that very night Belshazzar the Chaldean king was slain. It was 539 BC. The End of Empire.
Rembrandt’s Portrayal of the Writing on the Wall
Rome and the Kingdom of Silver
The first person to appear in Scottish history by name was called Calgacus (‘the Swordsman’). He was a leader of the Caledonians, later called the Scots, and is mentioned at the Battle of Mons Graupius in AD 84. He is referred to by the Roman historian Tacitus in his Agricola, who attributes a speech to him before the battle which we quoted above. A modern historian of Scotland has put it like this, in words that would sound familiar when applied to Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and the Ukraine:
‘The reality is that the Romans came to what is now Scotland, they saw, burned, killed, stole and occasionally conquered, and then they left a tremendous mess behind them, clearing away native settlements and covering good farmland with the remains of ditches, banks, roads, and other sorts of ancient military debris. Like most imperialists, they arrived to make money, gain political advantage and exploit the resources of their colonies at virtually any price to the conquered’ (2).
The pagan Romans had a slogan, ‘Imperium sine fine’, or ‘Empire without end’. ‘Without end’ meant both in time/history and in space/geography. However, their Empire did have a geographical end relatively early on. This was in the form of a massive structure which took thousands of men some six years to build, begun in AD 122. It is called Hadrian’s Wall. This Wall separated the Roman province of Britannia, with its capital in the Roman-created Londinium/London, from the Caledonians in the north of the island. For the Romans were ultimately defeated by Caledonia, which since then has come to be called Scotland. Some will tell you that the Romans had too much trouble elsewhere in their Empire to bother to defeat the Caledonians, or that they hated their mountains and climate and that their sparse natural resources were not attractive enough to them. But do not forget native resistance. The fact is that mountain Caledonia was never subjugated by Roman Britannia, just as, some 1,820 years later, the mountain kingdom of Montenegro was never subjugated by Nazi Germany.
Of course, the Western provinces of the Roman Empire, miscalled the Roman Empire (3), did not fall because of the Caledonians. They fell in the fifth century because of later ‘barbarians’, though not without internal treachery and internal decadence. Indeed, there are some 200 conflicting theories as to why Old Rome fell. Nevertheless, the Scottish ‘barbarians’ (the Romans always called any who opposed them ‘barbarians’ – does that remind you of others today?) were the first who successfully resisted ‘Civilisation’. And so they put an embarrassing end to the Roman propaganda lie, ‘Imperium sine fine’, ‘Empire without end’.
Britannia and the Kingdom of Bronze
The British Empire was directly modelled on the Roman Empire. The very name ‘Britain’ all but disappeared after the Romans had abandoned their ‘Britannia’ in 410 AD. However, the name was revived by the imperialist Normans in 1066, who also transferred the English royal, spiritual and cultural capital from Winchester back to the old Roman political and financial capital, the City of Londinium. The Normans and their Jewish financiers thus set up a multinational Empire between Northern France and England, which soon expanded to Wales, Scotland, Western France and Ireland. After the fall of this French-speaking Britannic Empire in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, partly as a result of the ‘Hundred Years War’, Britannia was revived again in the eighteenth-century. With its King imported from Hannover and its financiers imported from the Netherlands, the British Establishment had bribed the ruling class in Scotland into uniting with England and Wales in 1707. They soon celebrated themselves in their 1740 poem and later anthem, ‘Rule Britannia’.
After the final defeat of Napoleon in 1815, the aggressive mercantile nationalism of that anthem was fully justified by jingoistic Victorian imperialism. Their translation of ‘Imperium sine fine’, ‘Empire without end’ was ‘the Empire on which the sun never sets’. Its emblem on its pennies was the Roman ‘Britannia’, a powerful pagan goddess figure, holding a (Ukrainian?) trident.
Why did the British Empire in its turn fall? Again, there is a host of theories. One of these is that the British imperialists abandoned even the pretence that their racist mission and bloody exploitation was to ‘civilise’ the rest of the world, to carry ‘the White Man’s burden’, and that all its massacres and mutilations around the world were somehow mysteriously justified by that mission. As the late African Archbishop of Cape Town, Desmond Tutu, said a few years back: ‘When the missionaries came to Africa, they had the Bible and we had the land. They said ‘Let us pray.’ We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land’. Like all empires, the British Empire too vanished, as they say, into the dustbin of history. Every dog has its day.
The USA and the Kingdom of Iron and Clay
The Presidents of the American Empire live in the Neo-classical ‘White House’, or ‘Executive Mansion’, as it used to be called. It too is another Roman-inspired classical palace. Like Britannia, it too is just another revival of pagan Rome. Following the Second World War, which was won by the Soviet Union, from 1945 on, America, that is, the USA, ruled a large part of the world from that Mansion. Fawning Western journalists write of ‘the White House’ as the centre of their world – certainly as the source of their income.
In this USA, in 1992, a political scientist called Francis Fukuyama published his book, ‘The End of History and the Last Man’. In this he proclaimed that humanity has reached ‘not just…the passing of a particular period of post-war history, but the end of history as such: that is, the end-point of mankind’s ideological evolution and the universalisation of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government’. Incredibly, there were actually some who believed in his nonsensical rehash of the Hitlerian Thousand-Year Reich (Empire). His title of ‘End of History’ was in fact only a rehash of ‘the Empire on which the sun never sets’ and the ‘Empire without end’. Exactly the same old lie of ‘manifest destiny’, but re-expressed.
Well, Fukuyama’s End of History ‘Thousand-Year Reich’ is now also over, not like Hitler’s in twelve years (1933-1945), but in thirty years (1992-2022). The end came with the Ukraine, the former south-western provinces of Russia. Why? Well, a host of reasons is given, but I would say that it was because those in the White House chose to persecute ‘the stone cut from a mountain by no human hand’, that is, because they chose to persecute the Church in the Ukraine. (See the Book of Daniel, Chapter 2) (4). Although the thugs and atheist neocons in the White House do not know this, we do know this: ‘Do not be deceived: for our God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that will he also reap’ (Galatians 6, 7). ‘For our God is a consuming fire’ (Hebrews 12, 29).
Why the End of the American Empire Was Delayed
But why did the US ‘Thousand Year Reich’ last not twelve years, but thirty years? Why so long? The answer is here: Why did President Putin and the Russian Federation as a whole allow the White House to take over Kiev and then most of the Donbass in 2014-2015? As a result, Russian forces have been faced since 2022 with the far worse task of liberating, demilitarising and denazifying the Ukraine. Worse still, because Washington has forced Kiev to reject any peace negotiations with Moscow and is sending the Ukraine much of what it has through its NATO proxies, Russian forces are faced with the even worse task of liberating, demilitarising and denazifying the whole of the US-run NATO. President Putin has himself admitted that he made a mistake in not acting in 2015. So why this delay in resistance and bringing about the collapse of the American Reich? There are three clear reasons:
1. In 2014-15 the Russian Federation was far too weak militarily, economically and politically to stand up to the bully of the Western world. A war of liberation initiated then could have ended up very badly for Russia, which had suffered greatly from Western ‘sanctions’ just for its liberation of the Crimea.
2. The Russian Federation government had too little support inside its Westernised self to resist. CIA assets, including treacherous followers of the Vlasovtsy (5), had infiltrated all its institutions, including even the Russian Orthodox Church. This was already clear in 1993 during the October Coup, Black October, in which probably thousands of Russian patriots were massacred by the pro-Western Yeltsin regime. Five years ago, I met a former US marine, who had been sent in 1993 to a base outside Moscow, together with 4,000 other marines, who had been instructed that they might be needed to put down an anti-American revolt in Moscow. (In the end, they were not). 4,000 US troops around Moscow in 1993 at the invitation of its drunken ruler? Yes. A fifth column of Russian Westernisers, pussy rioters, liberals, journalists, actors, musicians, oligarchs, politicians, educationalists? Yes. All Russian institutions infiltrated by traitors? Yes. Only in 2022 was the Russian Federation ready to resist the American bully. It had taken it until 2022 to get ready, and even then the traitors were there in abundance, though soon running away to Israel, Finland, Georgia and elsewhere (6).
3. Western readers should not underestimate the incredible naivety of Russians towards the West. The Russians did not think that the West would forbid Kiev to reject a peace agreement in March/April 2022, thus forcing Kiev and Western economies to commit suicide, like a spoilt child who hurts himself just in order to spite his parents. As a result the limited operation to free the Donbass had to be entirely rethought. Again, President Putin was quite recently shocked to learn that he had been lied to by the German Merkel and the French Hollande. He had been tricked into believing that the West was sincere and that it was actually going to implement the Minsk Accords to protect the Donbass. As those two Western leaders recently admitted, the Minsk accords had only been playing for time to allow the Kiev Army to prepare, dig in, arm, train and then invade. Western leaders are liars. Fact. The origin of this extraordinary Russian naivety seems to be because between 1917 and 1991 Russia was cut off from the West, it lived in a bubble, so that it never really grasped how completely underhand and perfidious the West is. I have been living in Western Europe for too long not to know it. Ten years ago a Muscovite put it to me very well: ‘We knew that the Communists were lieing to us about Communism. What we didn’t know is that they were telling us the truth about Capitalism’.
For example, here in the West we know an American who has a prominent position in a Russian organisation, whom we knew to be a CIA spy from the very outset. Yet, even today, in 2023, after all his destruction, all the doors in Moscow are open to him and all his anti-Russian actions are approved of in Moscow! Meanwhile, those who defend Russia, as patriots, the greatest friends that Russia has in the West, are persecuted by him! It is incredible, but it is true. This naivety is suicidal for Russia.
Conclusion: The Writing is On the Wall
2022 saw a tectonic shift in consciousness, the beginning of the end of Western domination after over 500 years of slavery and colonialist and imperialist exploitation. The unipolar world belongs to the past. Technology is universal. No-one has a monopoly. ‘Never send to know for whom the bell tolls’. It tolls for the Western world. ‘Imperium Sine Fine’, Empire Without End – the oldest lie. MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN. ‘God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; you have been weighed in the balance and found wanting; your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians’. The Writing is on the Wall of Belshazzar’s White House.
22 January 2023
1. For references to the Kingdoms of Gold, Silver, Bronze and Iron and Clay, see the Book of Daniel, Chapter 2.
2. Moffat Alistair, Before Scotland: The Story of Scotland Before History, London, 2005.
3. The Christian Roman Empire, centred in New Rome or Constantinople, did not actually fall until a millennium later. Its fall was brought on by a combination of Western barbarians (‘Catholics’), who plundered it in 1204, and the Ottomans who took its remnants over in 1453.
5. The Vlasovtsy were pro-Fascist Russians who fought with Hitler against the USSR. Some of their children and grandchildren are still active, for instance in Russian Church life in the Russian emigration and in other domains. Unlike Orthodox Christians, they follow neocon ideology, that is, they can be socially liberal and pro-LGBT, but they are socially irresponsible, that is, always politically ‘anti-socialist’, as they would call themselves, or frankly Fascistic.
We Russian Orthodox, like all Orthodox Christians, are exactly the opposite. We are socially conservative, but socially responsible. In other words, though we have compassion for people who suffer from illnesses like homosexuality, we believe in healthy, traditional values, the Family and National Identity, and we also believe in social justice, free education and health care, the rich paying higher taxes to help the poor, that is, we are socially responsible. We do not believe in the myth of left and right, which leads straight to Uniparty dictatorship, the great myth of so-called ‘Western democracy’.