Some of those who think of themselves as "conservatives" have become as smug and self-regarding as liberals. And for as little reason.
How has the conservative movement – if there is one - advanced the conservative argument with the public since, say, 2010, when Republicans took over the House?
- Have there been hearings with doctors testifying to retiring because of Obamacare? No.
- Have there been hearings of middle Americans effectively losing their health insurance because of the huge increase in deductibles? No.
- Have there been hearings of parents of children killed by illegal immigrants? No.
- Have there been hearings of relatives of people killed by jihadis? No.
- Have there been hearings on the impact of those immigrants who want to replace the Constitution with the Koran? No.
- Have there been hearings of people who have been replaced by immigrants in their jobs? No.
- Have there been hearings of college graduates who cannot find jobs? No.
- Have there been hearings on the budget? No.
- Have there been hearings on Common Core, highlighting what is in it? No.
- Have there been press conferences by Republican leaders with a whiteboard showing the size of the deficit and the growth of the federal debt? No.
- Have conservatives used the powerful positions gained by Republican majorities first in the House and then in the Senate to advance conservative ideas; to educate the public in the destruction caused by liberal policies; in short, to advance the conservative argument? No.
Donald Trump has brought all these subjects before the public in the public space and has absorbed all the calumny from liberal institutions and from many “conservatives” for doing so. That is, until they realize that the public is with him on these issues.
And now “conservatives” who have stood idly by while Obama has been transforming the country cannot bring themselves to support Trump because...they are upset at his campaigning techniques? Is that it? “Conservatives” are too fastidious?
The American Experiment is at risk, the future of Western civilization is in the balance, we have a warrior in the field who is raising the public to fight for both, and...you are abandoning the fight? You are abandoning your place in the line and going home? I’ve got news for you: Trump is a gentleman. He fights, but he is a gentleman. He is no closer to Hitler than Franklin Roosevelt was.
If “conservatives” care about the country, they must vote for Trump. The hour for America is very, very late, and that is partly the result of the pusillanimity of “conservatives.”
Those of us who want to bring down liberalism – which is destroying America – are behind Trump 100%. We are making history in this election.
What do you want history to say about you?