Labels

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

PZ on PZ - Vox Popoli - (Evolutionary theory dies from willful ignorance! - CL)

 Hey, the old wannabe Fifth Horseman of the New Atheism is back! They’re mostly dead now and he’s been irrelevant for at least a decade, but apparently if there is one thing that is going to wake him up and get that weary old ticker thumping again, it’s the unholy marriage of William Dembski and myself. Which is really a terribly dramatic way to describe an interview, but whatever.

Vox has an undergraduate degree in economics and East Asian studies from Bucknell University, a small private liberal arts college. He does not have a science degree, and by his own admission he did not exactly apply himself to his studies….Any student who tells me that their achievement was developing an intuitive grasp of a subject is bullshitting me. Then he confirms it: Vox Day was a slacker who learned nothing in college......


https://voxday.net/2026/10/03/pz-on-pz/ 

...I’m definitely archiving this, because I very much want to have PZ on the record stating that I did everything by myself, with only a battery of AIs and an unacceptable number citations in an undergrad student paper. It’s going to be really fun to know that he is struggling to accept the reality that the man he has sincerely believed to be “an unqualified buffoon” has always been a world-class genius of historic levels, far more significant in the course of human intellectual development than sweet St. Darwin himself, who somehow managed to cripple Man’s correct understanding of his own origins for 167 years and counting.

Science was born free and everywhere it is in chains. I can’t do much about physics or sociology, but at least I can set the geneticists and biologists free.

The thing that I am finding so terribly amusing about all of this is that these scientific charlatans are so uncurious and so prone to posturing and resting on their credentials that it literally never occurs to them that I am nothing like them. It never occurs to them that maybe my professors weren’t stroking my ego, or making sure a lazy goof got his degree, but rather, catering to a student they regarded as “a brilliant fuckup”. Which is a direct quote from my favorite professor, by the way.....

...And here’s the more important thing for him to contemplate. If he was wrong about me, well, that’s going to sting a little. But it’s not really that big a deal in the cosmic scheme of things. But if he was wrong about Jesus Christ, on the other hand, that’s a much more serious problem. So if the former turns out to be true, however unlikely, maybe take another, closer, look at the latter.