Guest Perfect says:
You are correct. There are many complicit americans in the business of war. Millions.
I reside 2 towns over from an AFB and those are the most sought after jobs in the area. Get hired as a civil service worker and your worries are over. Everyone, and I mean everyone, wants that base job. They don’t care what happens in the world because of the munitions they produce and maintain as long as the paycheck comes in bi-weekly and the retirement isn’t threatened. LOL one of my family members recently got hired at the base. She will be doing the wiring harness for missiles I think. Another friend graduated from college last year with a medical coding degree. She immediately applied at the AF base and was hired. Any base job around here means you are set FOR LIFE. ITS extremely hard to get fired from a job like this. Many live 15 minutes from the base but must leave home an hour early to get there on time, the base traffic is is so plentiful. I’ve had appointments in town at early morning times and watched the traffic. You sit at red lights 3 or 4 times because there is so much traffic entering or leaving the base.
Our government conned us good. Millions upon millions depend on the government and war for their livelihood.
If this base closed the town would collapse immediately. Not in a week or a month, immediately.
If these civil service jobs went away the US would collapse and face a depression that makes 1929 look like a cake walk.
Our government used to have so much fun stirring these people up. Do you recall the Base Closure committee that went around the country rating and closing based? I do. It was like every 3 years they would be threatened “the Base Rating Committee is coming. WE MUST PRESERVE OUR JOBS”.
The whole town got involved lololol.
Lots of base workers would fight to the death to preserve their jobs. They would never make it in the private sector. Maybe they know that. They don’t appear to give a owl’s hoot for the people that bombs and missiles destroy. They only know that THEIR check is coming. Our government has divided us well and good. I have said before, the people working for the government, be it federal, state, city or county will always side with the government to keep the war balls rolling as its their way of life and income.
GEORGE THE FLAGBEARER, I must address you in this reply as I only have 5 and used them all. But I just want to say YOU ARE CORRECT.