Labels

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Texas Mom Says She’ll Home School Her Child After The ‘Truly Frightening’ Thing a Teacher Told Her - by Gina Cassini

A Texas Mom was so “horrified” by what her child’s kindergarten teacher said that she is planning on home-schooling her daughter after Christmas break.
And it should chill other parents to the core — Common Core, that is.
Cassidy Vines recently began noticing a change in her daughter’s behavior. The kindergartner began to “snap” at her mother when she tried correcting the little girl’s homework.   “She told me that I was her mommy, not her teacher.”
Mrs. Vines, in a stunning interview on Glenn Beck’s radio program, said that a few days after her daughter first snapped at her, she started pronouncing a word incorrectly. Vines corrected her daughter “in the most gentle way possible,” but her daughter broke down crying, saying “that’s how she was taught, and I can’t tell her something different because I’m a mommy, not a teacher.”
Horrified, she asked her daughter,  “Is somebody telling you this at school?”
“She said, ‘Yes, I’m only allowed to learn from my teacher,’” Vines remarked.
As recounted on TheBlaze, Vines requested to meet with the teacher several times, but said she never got a response.
So she went to her routine parent-teacher conference “armed with a slew of questions,” hoping her daughter had misunderstood what was being said at school.
Vines said she explained what was happening, and kept waiting for the teacher to deny it, but it never happened.
“[The teacher] goes on to tell me that they try to discourage parents from introducing contradictory concepts to ‘our’ children,” Vines said. “Our children. As in the school’s children? I was a little baffled. And so when I started talking about my daughter, I emphasized mydaughter. So I asked her, ‘Am I not allowed to help her with her homework?’
Vines was shocked when the teacher responded that no, they “don’t want parents confusing the kids.”
It got worse. Much worse:
Vines wrote on Glenn Beck’s Facebook wall about the incident, sharing how, in the same parent-teacher conference, the teacher said in front of several parents that the pilgrims were “essentially America’s first terrorists.”
Unbelievable.
“I don’t even know what to say about this,” Beck said. “I get so uptight about this stuff. This is the stuff that enrages me.”
Beck saluted Vines for making the decision to home-school her daughter, but asked how much longer parents will even have the option to home-school. Beck said this was approaching “Hitler Youth stuff.”
Islamic indoctrination. Spying on their parents’ medicine cabinets. And now excluding parents entirely from the teaching process? This is your nation’s educational system on Common Core.